Working as a doctor in Ireland
Thinking of working as a doctor in Ireland?
To start with, there are two things to keep in mind:
You will need to be registered with the Irish Medical Council in order to practice medicine in Ireland. It is important to get familiar with the process, the timeframe, and cost, so you are well informed and so you can plan accordingly. We are more than happy to advise you on the process of registration and assist wherever possible.
Do get in touch with us!
We will ask you to fill out a CV template and to provide contact details for your referees. Once we know more about you, your background, plans and expectations, we will then work towards securing you the best possible position.
If you work in Ireland as a Locum Doctor with Locumotion locum agency, you will receive these great benefits:
- If you are new to Ireland and the Irish health system, Locumotion locum agency will assist you with all of your paperwork including that for registering with the Irish Medical Council, medical indemnity providers and visa requirements.
- We provide competitive rates of Locum pay for sessions, days and weeks. In addition to this, accommodation will be provided by our host GP practices for most placements.
- On arrival in the Republic of Ireland, after the screening and interview process, you will receive a clinical and administrative orientation here at our office in Dublin.
- The clinical orientation will be provided by one of our Medical Directors and the placement orientation by your designated Placement Coordinator. No other Locum Agency in Ireland provides clinical training to their doctors.
- Your placement coordinator will also be your dedicated point of contact while you work with Locumotion.
What some of our Locums Doctors say about us...
"I have worked with Locumotion for over 4 years in multiple centres throughout Dublin. I really enjoy the variety I have as a locum and the freedom to choose the roster that suits my lifestyle and family.
Locumotion are a breeze to work with and always on hand to help with any requests and queries I have. If you want to work with a Locum agency in Ireland be sure to join Locumotion."
Dr Elena Velicu
"What I really enjoy about working with Locumotion is the professionalism and duty of care, to not only me as a locum, but to the end patient.
Locumotion have strategic processes in place to ensure a premium quality of doctors working in Ireland.
The team are next to none and so approachable day and night.
Dr Yuvraj Goud
"I moved to Ireland from Spain to work as a locum. Locumotion were so accommodating to my requirements and really helped me to fit in smoothly, not only to work, but to living in Ireland.
Their personal touch is five star and something which I did not find in other agencies. They are genuinely open to all queries no matter how big or small.
Locumotion definitely have the personal touch and I have had the pleasure of dealing with the whole team through the entire process.
Locumotion are like a family, from their medical director’s involvement down to the placement co-ordinator. It is evident through their care, passion and empathy that they wanted to see me settle and succeed.
I have now put down roots with my family here and couldn’t be happier."
Dr Irene Shedrin
"Reliability is something which is very important to me. Locumotion could provide this to me through my roster and their communication.
Their constant engagement and thorough checks put my mind at ease and ensured that I was not stressed about the small things and able to get on with what I love most.
I would recommend Locumotion as a stellar agency to any of my colleagues."
Dr Mohd Hafiz
"Dear Locumotion Team
I hope that this email finds you all well, over a year ago I started a conversation with Ben Murphy that sparked my interest for working in Ireland. It was really a long road, with many ups and downs but eventually it all worked out.
I would like to thank absolutely every on the team who worked tirelessly to make my time in Ireland worthwhile and enjoyable. I have had a chance to speak to many of you, sometimes more than once a day, but you have always been patient and understanding. A special thank you to Ben, Cillian, Iulian, Stephan, Michelle, Ariel, Donna who I have inundated with calls and questions over the past few months
As I fly back to South Africa today, I just want to say that your efforts did not go unnoticed and I am certainly looking forward to being back in Ireland in March for my second contract."
Dr Bobo MBBCH WITS